Softball BC provides insurance through SBC Insurance Agencies. SBC Insurance was established in 1979 by Sport BC, a BC registered Non-Profit Society, to provide affordable accident and liability insurance for British Columbians participating in sport, recreation and leisure activities.
Since then, they have grown into a full service insurance brokerage, providing Commercial Business Insurance, Home Insurance, and Travel insurance products. Their specialty remains providing Sport Liability, Sport Accident, and Non Profit Directors & Officers coverage to Sport partners and others. They also provide Errors and Omissions, Cyber-Liability, and Directors and Officers coverage to non-profit and for-profit companies.
SBC Insurance is the only insurance brokerage in Canada that is owned by a Non Profit Society. When we purchase insurance from SBC Insurance, the profits stay locally, providing revenue to Sport BC, and furthering the programs and charitable organizations associated with amateur sport in BC.
Are you a registered team/association with Softball BC and need proof of insurance for indoor training, field permits or fundraising?
- Download the current Softball BC Certificate of Insurance (valid May 2019- May 2020) Softball BC Certificate of Insurance May 2019-May 2020
- To request Softball BC Liability Insurance (for indoor training, fundraisers etc) please CLICK HERE
Have you been injured during a softball activity?
- If you have been injured during a softball activity please complete the Softball Accident Report Form HERE
- Download the Allsport Athletic Accident Claim Form Athletic Accident Claim Form – Markel
- Submit the Allsport Athletic Accident Claim Form to the address indicated on the form for Markel (400, 200 Wellington Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 3C7 or fax to 416-601-1150 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)